Frequently Asked Questions
I can’t log in or edit / create my team.
- If you’re returning from previous years, your login / account is still active. Click here if you forgot your password.
- Once you’ve logged in, the login area becomes your team navigation to manage your team.
- If you’re still experiencing problems, quit and relaunch your browser.
- If you are still having problems, e-mail FantasySurfer@surfermag.com
Note: You will only be able to create or edit your team while the trading is Open. Once the event has begun, trading will be closed.
Concerned about privacy and Internet scams?
Concerned about busting out the credit card?
Fantasy Surfer is absolutely FREE.
There are some surfers that I can’t add to my team, why?
- If a surfer’s dollar value exceeds the amount of Fantasy money you have to spend, you won’t be able to add him to your team. You must trade/release someone from your team to raise more money.
- Surfers with red over their photo have been disqualified or injured and are not able to be added to your team. If you have a surfer on your team with this symbol, you’ll want to release him from your team and pick another surfer with the ability to score points.
When do values change and what events are they based on?
After each event, surfer values may increase or decrease. The initial Surfer values are based on last year’s results.
When can I make trades, and how many?
Trading is closed during each WCT event. You are allowed to make as many trades between the close and start of the events as you want, as long as you keep the total value of all surfers (at the time you added them) to under $50,000,000.
I took someone off my team, and now his value went up and I can’t afford to put him back on. Why did that happen?
Surfer’s values change over the course of the season, but as long as you leave them on your team that cost will remain the same. As soon as you take a surfer off your team, they revert to their current value (which may be higher or lower depending on their results this season).